We pay for you to visit a doctor when you need one
When a member contacts Yebo Doctor one of the Registered Nurses will answer or reply.
After talking to the member and assessing individual needs and problems of the member the Yebo Doctor's team may recommend and authorize that the member has a face to face consultation with one of the Yebo Doctor's Network of General Practitioners (GP’s). This network is made up of over 3500 doctors based all over South Africa. This means that where ever you are, even when travelling, you will be able to see a doctor. This benefit includes 6 authorised private doctor visits per year.
VIDEO/ONLINE GP CONSULTATIONS:
Due to the Corona Virus we offer members the option of consulting with a private doctor via video conferencing. This is how you can access this:
1. When a member contacts us, we will assess the circumstances, triage the problem and where necessary authorise a doctor/GP consultation.
2. If a member should prefer a video consultation, we will arrange an appointment for the member.
3. We will arrange direct payment to the doctor.
4. 4. Members can be provided with a script & can be referred to a laboratory for tests.
5. The doctor may refer the member for a face to face consultation if he believes that a physical examination is necessary
6. The member will require access to a smart phone, tablet or to a computer with WiFi/Data
• GP Assist’s Nurses and Doctors do not diagnose illnesses or prescribe medication
• They will direct the member to the most appropriate level of care or may put the member in contact with a health professional who can advise on the next steps
• Referral to the Network of GP’s after authorization has been given.
When the client is authorized to see one of the Yebo Doctors GP’s for a consultation, the member will see the doctor at no extra cost. The member may also chose to use their own doctor. If this is the case Yebo Doctor responsible for any additional costs the doctor may charge.
This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not the same as that of a medical scheme. This benefit is not a substitute for medical scheme membership.
(T's & C's Apply).